Restaurant chain Subway is to add PayPal as a payment option in its mobile order and pay app to allow customers to make in-app and in-store payments in 27,000 US locations. PayPal One Touch will also be enabled, allowing customers to pay without typing in usernames, passwords or payment credentials. Meanwhile, Android Pay has been added as a mobile payment option alongside Apple Pay.
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit
- Antelop adds Visa Token Service certification to its white label mobile wallet platform for banks and card issuers
- Dubai’s Atlantis resort installs blockchain-based payments system for guests
- Car manufacturers back NFC for digital keys