Restaurant chain Subway is to add PayPal as a payment option in its mobile order and pay app to allow customers to make in-app and in-store payments in 27,000 US locations. PayPal One Touch will also be enabled, allowing customers to pay without typing in usernames, passwords or payment credentials. Meanwhile, Android Pay has been added as a mobile payment option alongside Apple Pay.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies