Restaurant chain Subway is to add PayPal as a payment option in its mobile order and pay app to allow customers to make in-app and in-store payments in 27,000 US locations. PayPal One Touch will also be enabled, allowing customers to pay without typing in usernames, passwords or payment credentials. Meanwhile, Android Pay has been added as a mobile payment option alongside Apple Pay.
- Calling all payment, card and secure credential technology suppliers
- US survey finds growing support for biometrics as a replacement for passwords and PINs
- Samsung and LG to launch low-end smartphones that support their mobile payment services
- Gemalto agrees to be acquired by Thales
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018