Indian mobile cab hailing service Ola Cabs is reportedly planning to apply for a mobile wallet licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). “Ola currently offers Ola Money as a digital payment option on its mobile app using payment technology powered by PayU and ZipCash Card Services,” Livemint reports. “If Ola gets the nod from RBI, it can offer the wallet on its app as well as other apps it plans to launch.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?