LG Electronics has reportedly partnered with Google to launch Android Pay on its next Google Nexus phone, expected to become available in October. “The Nexus phone is a trial product featuring the latest version of Android OS,” Business Korea reports. Google unveiled the NFC mobile payments platform during its Google I/O 2015 keynote in May.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK