Bangalore-based Ezetap has raised Rs150crores (US$23.5m) to expand its mPOS solution of configurable mobile app and card reader that plugs into a merchant’s mobile device. “Ezetap is already activating over 500 new small retail merchants a week and will use some of its funds to increase that by five times in the next few months,” the company says.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash