Bangalore-based Ezetap has raised Rs150crores (US$23.5m) to expand its mPOS solution of configurable mobile app and card reader that plugs into a merchant’s mobile device. “Ezetap is already activating over 500 new small retail merchants a week and will use some of its funds to increase that by five times in the next few months,” the company says.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments