Average transaction amounts on iOS devices (US$124.47) were almost double those made on Android ($65.22) in 2014, research from Kount reveals. “Average online and in-store transaction amounts were greater than those on mobile devices overall until the first six months of 2015 in which purchases on the iPhone ($129.94) and iPad ($164.19) began to exceed non-mobile transactions ($106.94),” the company adds.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain