Korean mobile network operator LG U+ will issue UnionPay mobile credit cards and payment services in China, in partnership with KB Kookmin Card, from next month. “The telecoms operator is about to obtain approval from the People’s Bank of China,” Business Korea reports. “The users can use NFC-based mobile credit card payments at five million UnionPay terminals in China.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform