South Korean smart card provider Kona I has unveiled Kona Pay, a platform that allows banks and credit card firms to develop mobile payment services based on NFC, QR and barcodes. “Different from Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, card issuers can have tailored services for their payment systems built upon Kona Pay,” Korea Herald reports CEO Cho Chung-il as saying.
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets
- Android O to offer autofill for payments
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans