Apple has joined the NFC Forum as a sponsor member as of August 11. “The top tier of NFC Forum membership, sponsor membership, entitles an organisation to a seat on the NFC Forum board of directors, the association’s governing body,” NFC Forum director Paula Hunter says. “We are delighted to welcome Apple to our board of directors as an NFC Forum sponsor member.”
- NXP unveils high security NFC tags that let brands deliver digitally connected products at scale
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch