Fully converting payments to electronic, expanding card programs and adopting mobile/digital payments was the top priority for clients at the recent Bank of America Merrill Lynch Conference on Payments and Commercial Card. Meanwhile, 60% of the 175 companies and government agencies represented said adopting a mobile payments app was something they were “likely” to introduce.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit