Japanese instant messaging giant Line has released an initial list of Taiwanese stores at which its mobile payment service Line Pay can be used. “The Line Pay digital wallet can pay for purchases starting Wednesday in nearly 30 local stores, mostly online merchants such as ET Mall, beauty brand 86 Shop, online bookstore Kingstone and digital music service KKBOX,” Focus Taiwan reports.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit