More than 620m mobile banking apps that support biometrics for customer authentication and transaction verification will be downloaded by 2020, research from Goode Intelligence predicts. “Additionally, almost 160m wearable devices will be benefiting from seamless biometric authentication for accessing banking services on a variety of wearables, including smartwatches and bands,” the company says.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers