More than 620m mobile banking apps that support biometrics for customer authentication and transaction verification will be downloaded by 2020, research from Goode Intelligence predicts. “Additionally, almost 160m wearable devices will be benefiting from seamless biometric authentication for accessing banking services on a variety of wearables, including smartwatches and bands,” the company says.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash