Google has broken its silence following speculation its Android Pay mobile payments platform was to be launched on August 26 by confirming it will be available soon. “Looking forward to Android Pay? Stay tuned. #soon,” a tweet from the official Android account read.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone