Google is notifying developers of an impending Project Soli Alpha DevKit and is asking those notified to fill out an application for the chance to receive one, Android Police reports. “Google notes the DevKits are very limited, stating there are only ‘a few dozen’ to go around,” it says. Project Soli was unveiled at I/O in June and will work to bring hand-gesture technology to wearables.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit