The contactless spending limit of £20 (US$30) has risen to £30 (US$46) across the UK today. “Software will be rolled out across retailers who accept contactless payments from September 1,” The UK Cards Association says. “Once a terminal has updated, it will be able to process contactless transactions up to the new £30 limit.” The trades body has published guidance for retailers.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign