The contactless spending limit of £20 (US$30) has risen to £30 (US$46) across the UK today. “Software will be rolled out across retailers who accept contactless payments from September 1,” The UK Cards Association says. “Once a terminal has updated, it will be able to process contactless transactions up to the new £30 limit.” The trades body has published guidance for retailers.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain