The contactless spending limit of £20 (US$30) has risen to £30 (US$46) across the UK today. “Software will be rolled out across retailers who accept contactless payments from September 1,” The UK Cards Association says. “Once a terminal has updated, it will be able to process contactless transactions up to the new £30 limit.” The trades body has published guidance for retailers.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK