The contactless spending limit of £20 (US$30) has risen to £30 (US$46) across the UK today. “Software will be rolled out across retailers who accept contactless payments from September 1,” The UK Cards Association says. “Once a terminal has updated, it will be able to process contactless transactions up to the new £30 limit.” The trades body has published guidance for retailers.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets