Apple has been granted 45 patents relating to NFC, Touch ID and Apple Watch in the US, Patently Apple reports. An NFC element “may serve as an antenna for transmitting NFC signals to external equipment” such as NFC hearing aids, POS equipment and security card readers. The Touch ID patent details a system of scanning a fingerprint’s “flow angles” as they pass over the sensor.
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor
- Seamless considers sale or closure of Seqr mobile payments service
- PayPal to turn Venmo P2P payments app into ‘ubiquitous digital wallet’
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module