Apple has been granted 45 patents relating to NFC, Touch ID and Apple Watch in the US, Patently Apple reports. An NFC element “may serve as an antenna for transmitting NFC signals to external equipment” such as NFC hearing aids, POS equipment and security card readers. The Touch ID patent details a system of scanning a fingerprint’s “flow angles” as they pass over the sensor.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain