The UK contactless limit increase from £20 to £30 could enable an extra three million Visa contactless transactions a day, worth more than £70m, Visa Europe says. “Supermarkets, clothes retailers, department stores and pharmacy chains will benefit the most from the increase,” the payment network says. Contactless now accounts for one in 11 in-store Visa transactions, it adds.
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores