The UK contactless limit increase from £20 to £30 could enable an extra three million Visa contactless transactions a day, worth more than £70m, Visa Europe says. “Supermarkets, clothes retailers, department stores and pharmacy chains will benefit the most from the increase,” the payment network says. Contactless now accounts for one in 11 in-store Visa transactions, it adds.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts