The UK contactless limit increase from £20 to £30 could enable an extra three million Visa contactless transactions a day, worth more than £70m, Visa Europe says. “Supermarkets, clothes retailers, department stores and pharmacy chains will benefit the most from the increase,” the payment network says. Contactless now accounts for one in 11 in-store Visa transactions, it adds.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain