The UK contactless limit increase from £20 to £30 could enable an extra three million Visa contactless transactions a day, worth more than £70m, Visa Europe says. “Supermarkets, clothes retailers, department stores and pharmacy chains will benefit the most from the increase,” the payment network says. Contactless now accounts for one in 11 in-store Visa transactions, it adds.
- Apple prepares to launch Apple Pay in India
- Face ID to add privacy layer to lockscreen notifications
- Esso lets UK drivers pay at the pump with their mobile phone
- Bank of America reports $4bn in P2P payments
- Russia to issue state-backed CryptoRuble digital currency