A Google service called Google Here that would send notifications via Google Maps and beacons in participating stores was shut by CEO Larry Page this year. “The launch included partnerships with retailers including Starbucks,” Fortune reports. “People familiar with the project say it was shut down for two reasons; Google Here was potentially too invasive, and the company wasn’t sure if many retailers would want it.”
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology