Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) has been awarded a patent for its Secure Cloud mobile payments platform by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, covering the use of secure tokens by the bank’s clients to facilitate payments from mobile devices. RBC introduced the Secure Cloud technology in January 2014 and added host card emulation (HCE) support in December last year.
- Dogs aim to take Blue Cross canal walk donations
- Accumulated payments with Samsung Pay surpass W10tn
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era