Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) has been awarded a patent for its Secure Cloud mobile payments platform by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, covering the use of secure tokens by the bank’s clients to facilitate payments from mobile devices. RBC introduced the Secure Cloud technology in January 2014 and added host card emulation (HCE) support in December last year.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution