Two in five US consumers (39%) and nearly half of mobile device owners (45%) use a mobile device to manage their bank account at least once a month, research from the American Bankers Association reveals. “We anticipate that more customers are likely to gravitate toward mobile banking as institutions bolster their offerings in areas like mobile payments and geolocation services,” says the association’s Nessa Feddis.
- Swedish banks roll out wearable payments on fashion watches
- Visa to acquire Rambus’ payments and ticketing business
- Apple Pay to go live in Greece, Portugal and Slovakia this week
- Apple Pay to add support for Octopus transit cards in Hong Kong
- EU offers issuers extra time to implement strong customer authentication