Commuters in taxi cabs across the UK cities of London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham will soon receive context-relevant messages as they travel. A total of 4,000 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons are being installed in taxis by mobile proximity marketing provider Proxama and taxi advertising provider Ubiquitous. Proxama also partnered out-of-home media owner Exterion to roll out beacons across public transport services.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills