Commuters in taxi cabs across the UK cities of London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham will soon receive context-relevant messages as they travel. A total of 4,000 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons are being installed in taxis by mobile proximity marketing provider Proxama and taxi advertising provider Ubiquitous. Proxama also partnered out-of-home media owner Exterion to roll out beacons across public transport services.
- Dogs aim to take Blue Cross canal walk donations
- Accumulated payments with Samsung Pay surpass W10tn
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era