Visitors to hotel chain Marriott International will soon be able to pay for their hotel stays, food and drink purchases as well as for meeting and event bookings using Ant Financial’s Alipay QR-code mobile payment platform. “Marriott International will initially activate Alipay at 10 hotels in greater China, gradually expanding to other hotels in China and across Asia by mid-2016,” the chain says.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries