Visitors to hotel chain Marriott International will soon be able to pay for their hotel stays, food and drink purchases as well as for meeting and event bookings using Ant Financial’s Alipay QR-code mobile payment platform. “Marriott International will initially activate Alipay at 10 hotels in greater China, gradually expanding to other hotels in China and across Asia by mid-2016,” the chain says.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills