Visitors to hotel chain Marriott International will soon be able to pay for their hotel stays, food and drink purchases as well as for meeting and event bookings using Ant Financial’s Alipay QR-code mobile payment platform. “Marriott International will initially activate Alipay at 10 hotels in greater China, gradually expanding to other hotels in China and across Asia by mid-2016,” the chain says.
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money