Visitors to hotel chain Marriott International will soon be able to pay for their hotel stays, food and drink purchases as well as for meeting and event bookings using Ant Financial’s Alipay QR-code mobile payment platform. “Marriott International will initially activate Alipay at 10 hotels in greater China, gradually expanding to other hotels in China and across Asia by mid-2016,” the chain says.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform