Nearly half of Canadian banking executives (46%) do not think they have the IT infrastructure systems and processes in place to meet present and future customer expectations for mobile payments, research from telecommunications provider CenturyLink reveals. “70% said they don’t have the infrastructure in place, or it needs improvement, for digital channels,” the company adds.
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays