Nearly half of Canadian banking executives (46%) do not think they have the IT infrastructure systems and processes in place to meet present and future customer expectations for mobile payments, research from telecommunications provider CenturyLink reveals. “70% said they don’t have the infrastructure in place, or it needs improvement, for digital channels,” the company adds.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain