The number of contactless transactions conducted in Canada has increased by almost 150% over the past year, fuelled in part by the rapid roll-out of Interac Flash cards, research from Technology Strategies International shows. “The mobile payments landscape in Canada will change dramatically within the next five years, with about two thirds of the smartphones in Canada having NFC capability by 2019,” the company adds.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info