The number of contactless transactions conducted in Canada has increased by almost 150% over the past year, fuelled in part by the rapid roll-out of Interac Flash cards, research from Technology Strategies International shows. “The mobile payments landscape in Canada will change dramatically within the next five years, with about two thirds of the smartphones in Canada having NFC capability by 2019,” the company adds.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID