The number of contactless transactions conducted in Canada has increased by almost 150% over the past year, fuelled in part by the rapid roll-out of Interac Flash cards, research from Technology Strategies International shows. “The mobile payments landscape in Canada will change dramatically within the next five years, with about two thirds of the smartphones in Canada having NFC capability by 2019,” the company adds.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes