The number of contactless transactions conducted in Canada has increased by almost 150% over the past year, fuelled in part by the rapid roll-out of Interac Flash cards, research from Technology Strategies International shows. “The mobile payments landscape in Canada will change dramatically within the next five years, with about two thirds of the smartphones in Canada having NFC capability by 2019,” the company adds.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain