PARTNER NEWS: In a blog published this week, digital security giant Gemalto discusses the launch of Android Pay and the impact it will make on the industry. “Now that the majority of US consumers have access to mobile payments, we’re excited to see how the industry developers,” writes Gemalto’s Rémi de Fouchier. “It’s looking like 2016 might be the year that NFC mobile payments finally hit the mainstream.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole