PARTNER NEWS: In a blog published this week, digital security giant Gemalto discusses the launch of Android Pay and the impact it will make on the industry. “Now that the majority of US consumers have access to mobile payments, we’re excited to see how the industry developers,” writes Gemalto’s Rémi de Fouchier. “It’s looking like 2016 might be the year that NFC mobile payments finally hit the mainstream.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments