Coffee chain Starbucks is to make its Mobile Order & Pay service available across the US so customers nationwide can place and pay for orders in advance using their iOS and Android devices. “Starbucks plans to introduce this feature in select company owned stores in the UK and Canada in October,” the chain says. Starbucks launched the service in December 2014 and expanded it in March and June 2015.
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones
- Standard Chartered unveils IoT payments platform that automatically triggers a payment when a connected product arrives at a destination
- Commonwealth Bank to test ‘smart money’ that knows what it can be spent on
- Alipay: Hackers have used stolen Apple IDs to lift funds from mobile wallets
- Amazon moves into in-store payments in India