India’s mobile wallet market will be worth US$6.6bn by 2020, research from TechSci Research reveals. “The mobile wallet market in India is projected to exhibit exponential growth during the forecast period on account of rising smartphone penetration rate, growing mobile internet user base and increasing government support,” the company says. “Mobile wallet companies operating in India are also offering attractive deals and incentives to attract new users.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?