‘The Evolution of Host Card Emulation and Tokenisation’, a 15-page white paper produced by South Korea-based smart card and mobile payment solution provider Kona International, is now available to download from the NFC World Knowledge Centre. The paper provides an overview of the evolution of card payments from magnetic stripe cards to EMV, contactless cards, NFC, host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization and posits that HCE with tokenization will ultimately become “the order of the day” in both the developed and developing world.
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments
- Shanghai bus operator adds face recognition payments
- German savings banks to offer Apple Pay ‘this year’
- UK Finance reports 31% rise in contactless transactions