‘The Evolution of Host Card Emulation and Tokenisation’, a 15-page white paper produced by South Korea-based smart card and mobile payment solution provider Kona International, is now available to download from the NFC World Knowledge Centre. The paper provides an overview of the evolution of card payments from magnetic stripe cards to EMV, contactless cards, NFC, host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization and posits that HCE with tokenization will ultimately become “the order of the day” in both the developed and developing world.
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February