‘The Evolution of Host Card Emulation and Tokenisation’, a 15-page white paper produced by South Korea-based smart card and mobile payment solution provider Kona International, is now available to download from the NFC World Knowledge Centre. The paper provides an overview of the evolution of card payments from magnetic stripe cards to EMV, contactless cards, NFC, host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization and posits that HCE with tokenization will ultimately become “the order of the day” in both the developed and developing world.
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions