Some 43% of small business owners in the US are familiar with EMV cards, Capital One’s Spark Business Barometer has found, but just a third (34%) of those were accepting EMV cards as of August 2015. 54% of those familiar with EMV are “unaware” that businesses will be liable for fraudulent charges incurred on other payment systems and 6% will increase investment in digital payment solutions such as Apple Pay.
- Walmart equips staff in 3,000+ stores with mobile POS devices
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture
- Chase to issue contactless cards to “millions” of US credit and debit cardholders
- Network West Midlands integrates its transit card with Google Pay