Shipments of fingerprint sensors for smartphones are expected to reach 1bn units by 2020, representing a 17% compound annual growth rate (CAGR), according to ABI Research. “Other biometric modalities like face, voice and eye-based recognition are currently moving out of the fledgling phase and are to be integrated as highly-secure — albeit more expensive — biometric capabilities in smartphone devices with a five-year CAGR revenue growth of 144%,” the company says.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants