Shipments of fingerprint sensors for smartphones are expected to reach 1bn units by 2020, representing a 17% compound annual growth rate (CAGR), according to ABI Research. “Other biometric modalities like face, voice and eye-based recognition are currently moving out of the fledgling phase and are to be integrated as highly-secure — albeit more expensive — biometric capabilities in smartphone devices with a five-year CAGR revenue growth of 144%,” the company says.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’