Shipments of fingerprint sensors for smartphones are expected to reach 1bn units by 2020, representing a 17% compound annual growth rate (CAGR), according to ABI Research. “Other biometric modalities like face, voice and eye-based recognition are currently moving out of the fledgling phase and are to be integrated as highly-secure — albeit more expensive — biometric capabilities in smartphone devices with a five-year CAGR revenue growth of 144%,” the company says.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info