UK department store chain House of Fraser has introduced augmented reality (AR) into its iOS mobile app to let shoppers make purchases from videos, 3D product previews, recipes and lookbooks via a Scan to Explore feature. “The AR function was introduced into the apps through integrating the Layar AR SDK technology with our app commerce platform,” says platform provider Poq.
- Report highlights discrepancies between what technology users want and what they adopt
- Erste Bank adds NFC to its QR mobile payments app
- Alipay and WeChat Pay to support common QR code standard for Japan
- Mexico pilots national NFC and QR mobile payments system
- Kenyan charity issues contactless wristbands to students for discounted meal payments