A hacking group affiliated with the Chinese government penetrated the corporate network of LoopPay, the inventor of the Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology that was acquired in February 2015 to form a core part of Samsung Pay, the New York Times reports. “Both LoopPay and Samsung executives said they were confident that they had removed infected machines, and that customer payment information and personal devices were not affected.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?