An email exchange between a Barclays customer and the bank’s CEO of retail banking in the UK has revealed that Barclays will support Apple Pay next year. “We have signed up for Apple Pay and will launch it very early in the New Year,” Ashok Vaswani said in an email reply. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of supporting banks when the mobile payment service launched in the UK in July 2015.
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments