An email exchange between a Barclays customer and the bank’s CEO of retail banking in the UK has revealed that Barclays will support Apple Pay next year. “We have signed up for Apple Pay and will launch it very early in the New Year,” Ashok Vaswani said in an email reply. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of supporting banks when the mobile payment service launched in the UK in July 2015.
- Apple Pay set to go live in Czech Republic and Slovakia?
- ABN Amro rolls out wearable payments on rings, watches and bracelets
- Airlines leverage PSD2 to cut transaction fees
- California to ban paper receipts?
- NXP showcases the future of retail at CES 2019