An email exchange between a Barclays customer and the bank’s CEO of retail banking in the UK has revealed that Barclays will support Apple Pay next year. “We have signed up for Apple Pay and will launch it very early in the New Year,” Ashok Vaswani said in an email reply. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of supporting banks when the mobile payment service launched in the UK in July 2015.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents