An email exchange between a Barclays customer and the bank’s CEO of retail banking in the UK has revealed that Barclays will support Apple Pay next year. “We have signed up for Apple Pay and will launch it very early in the New Year,” Ashok Vaswani said in an email reply. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of supporting banks when the mobile payment service launched in the UK in July 2015.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID