An email exchange between a Barclays customer and the bank’s CEO of retail banking in the UK has revealed that Barclays will support Apple Pay next year. “We have signed up for Apple Pay and will launch it very early in the New Year,” Ashok Vaswani said in an email reply. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of supporting banks when the mobile payment service launched in the UK in July 2015.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info