Zwipe, maker of a contactless payment card that includes an integrated fingerprint sensor, has raised US$5m in funding from Photon Future. “The Series B investment enables Zwipe to accelerate the commercialisation of its biometric authentication technology to finance further research and development activities,” the company says. The investment brings the total amount raised by Zwipe to $11m.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones