Zwipe, maker of a contactless payment card that includes an integrated fingerprint sensor, has raised US$5m in funding from Photon Future. “The Series B investment enables Zwipe to accelerate the commercialisation of its biometric authentication technology to finance further research and development activities,” the company says. The investment brings the total amount raised by Zwipe to $11m.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale