Zwipe, maker of a contactless payment card that includes an integrated fingerprint sensor, has raised US$5m in funding from Photon Future. “The Series B investment enables Zwipe to accelerate the commercialisation of its biometric authentication technology to finance further research and development activities,” the company says. The investment brings the total amount raised by Zwipe to $11m.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India