PARTNER NEWS: Chip maker NXP is sponsoring a series of hackathons centred on NFC, Bluetooth Low Energy and RFID technologies. The first TrackHack event takes place from November 20-22 in London. “We want to see how people work with NFC, what the main issues are, how easy they find NFC designs, what other tools they may need and, of course, which simple applications they can create in only a few hours,” NXP told NFC World.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability