PARTNER NEWS: Chip maker NXP is sponsoring a series of hackathons centred on NFC, Bluetooth Low Energy and RFID technologies. The first TrackHack event takes place from November 20-22 in London. “We want to see how people work with NFC, what the main issues are, how easy they find NFC designs, what other tools they may need and, of course, which simple applications they can create in only a few hours,” NXP told NFC World.
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit
- Antelop adds Visa Token Service certification to its white label mobile wallet platform for banks and card issuers
- Dubai’s Atlantis resort installs blockchain-based payments system for guests
- Car manufacturers back NFC for digital keys