Indian payment services provider Citrus Pay has raised approximately US$25m from a consortium of new and existing investors. “The latest round, which closed almost a month ago, values the company around $90m to $100m,” India’s Economic Times reports. Citrus Pay announced a partnership with gift card solutions provider Qwikcilver to enable in-store mobile payments using gift cards and vouchers last month.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments