US retailer-led consortium MCX is to add ACH payments capabilities to its CurrentC mobile wallet, using technology developed by Buy It Mobility Networks (BIM). “Using BIM’s technology, consumers will be able to connect their checking accounts to the CurrentC mobile wallet app and make payments at the cash register, table or pump at more than 70 brands nationwide,” MCX says. The consortium expanded its CurrentC beta to 150 stores last week.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign