US retailer-led consortium MCX is to add ACH payments capabilities to its CurrentC mobile wallet, using technology developed by Buy It Mobility Networks (BIM). “Using BIM’s technology, consumers will be able to connect their checking accounts to the CurrentC mobile wallet app and make payments at the cash register, table or pump at more than 70 brands nationwide,” MCX says. The consortium expanded its CurrentC beta to 150 stores last week.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info