US retailer-led consortium MCX is to add ACH payments capabilities to its CurrentC mobile wallet, using technology developed by Buy It Mobility Networks (BIM). “Using BIM’s technology, consumers will be able to connect their checking accounts to the CurrentC mobile wallet app and make payments at the cash register, table or pump at more than 70 brands nationwide,” MCX says. The consortium expanded its CurrentC beta to 150 stores last week.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works