US retailer-led consortium MCX is to add ACH payments capabilities to its CurrentC mobile wallet, using technology developed by Buy It Mobility Networks (BIM). “Using BIM’s technology, consumers will be able to connect their checking accounts to the CurrentC mobile wallet app and make payments at the cash register, table or pump at more than 70 brands nationwide,” MCX says. The consortium expanded its CurrentC beta to 150 stores last week.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands