Electronic payments network NETS is planning to launch a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service in Singapore. “A trial for this will be conducted in the second half of 2016,” MIS Asia reports. “Called NETS 2.0, the initiative aims to enable consumers to make payments via their mobile phone’s NFC function.” The company began piloting contactless wristband payments for public transport in September 2015.
- NatWest Bank begins UK’s first trial of contactless biometric cards
- Vending machine firms to use blockchain ID platform to automate sale of age-restricted items
- PayPal reports 40m Venmo P2P payments users
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?