Electronic payments network NETS is planning to launch a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service in Singapore. “A trial for this will be conducted in the second half of 2016,” MIS Asia reports. “Called NETS 2.0, the initiative aims to enable consumers to make payments via their mobile phone’s NFC function.” The company began piloting contactless wristband payments for public transport in September 2015.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes