Electronic payments network NETS is planning to launch a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service in Singapore. “A trial for this will be conducted in the second half of 2016,” MIS Asia reports. “Called NETS 2.0, the initiative aims to enable consumers to make payments via their mobile phone’s NFC function.” The company began piloting contactless wristband payments for public transport in September 2015.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain