Electronic payments network NETS is planning to launch a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service in Singapore. “A trial for this will be conducted in the second half of 2016,” MIS Asia reports. “Called NETS 2.0, the initiative aims to enable consumers to make payments via their mobile phone’s NFC function.” The company began piloting contactless wristband payments for public transport in September 2015.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign