European mPos provider SumUp has launched in the US and has started taking pre-orders for a new EMV contactless card terminal for US$99. “The new contactless SumUp terminal has been specifically developed for the US and connects wirelessly to any smartphone or tablet,” the company says. The expansion comes after the company raised €10m in August 2015.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions