European mPos provider SumUp has launched in the US and has started taking pre-orders for a new EMV contactless card terminal for US$99. “The new contactless SumUp terminal has been specifically developed for the US and connects wirelessly to any smartphone or tablet,” the company says. The expansion comes after the company raised €10m in August 2015.
- NatWest Bank begins UK’s first trial of contactless biometric cards
- Vending machine firms to use blockchain ID platform to automate sale of age-restricted items
- PayPal reports 40m Venmo P2P payments users
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?