Some 1.3m Polish consumers are now using Blik, the mobile payments service backed by six of the country’s banks that lets customers make in-store and online payments, withdraw cash from ATMs and send P2P transfers with their mobile phones. The service launched in November 2014 and is based on technology originally developed by PKO Bank Polski for its Iko mobile payments service.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points