Some 1.3m Polish consumers are now using Blik, the mobile payments service backed by six of the country’s banks that lets customers make in-store and online payments, withdraw cash from ATMs and send P2P transfers with their mobile phones. The service launched in November 2014 and is based on technology originally developed by PKO Bank Polski for its Iko mobile payments service.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards