Medical products provider Nurse Rosie Products has begun offering an NFC glucose meter that lets diabetics access their blood glucose reading by tapping the meter against their NFC device. “Rosie SmartMeter can be equipped with or without NFC technology which allows for your meter to communicate with NFC-enabled devices just by touching them with your meter,” the company says.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments