Apple is reportedly holding discussions with US banks about developing a payment service that would let users send money to one another from their phones through Apple Pay. “The talks with banks are continuing and it is unclear if any of the firms have struck an agreement with Apple,” The Wall Street Journal reports. “Key details remain in flux, including technical aspects that would determine how the service would tie into the banking industry’s existing infrastructure.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform