Apple is reportedly holding discussions with US banks about developing a payment service that would let users send money to one another from their phones through Apple Pay. “The talks with banks are continuing and it is unclear if any of the firms have struck an agreement with Apple,” The Wall Street Journal reports. “Key details remain in flux, including technical aspects that would determine how the service would tie into the banking industry’s existing infrastructure.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments