Apple is reportedly holding discussions with US banks about developing a payment service that would let users send money to one another from their phones through Apple Pay. “The talks with banks are continuing and it is unclear if any of the firms have struck an agreement with Apple,” The Wall Street Journal reports. “Key details remain in flux, including technical aspects that would determine how the service would tie into the banking industry’s existing infrastructure.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works