American Express has confirmed that Apple Pay is set to launch in Canada on November 17, iPhone In Canada reports. “Customer service representatives we spoke with confirmed the date over the phone numerous times,” the publication says. “The date would presumably be when the final release of iOS 9.2 will be out to support Apple Pay.” Apple announced its plans to launch the mobile payments service in Canada in October 2015.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID