American Express has confirmed that Apple Pay is set to launch in Canada on November 17, iPhone In Canada reports. “Customer service representatives we spoke with confirmed the date over the phone numerous times,” the publication says. “The date would presumably be when the final release of iOS 9.2 will be out to support Apple Pay.” Apple announced its plans to launch the mobile payments service in Canada in October 2015.
- Ticketmaster to roll out NFC ticketing for iPhones and Apple Watches ‘later this year’
- Report highlights discrepancies between what technology users want and what they adopt
- Erste Bank adds NFC to its QR mobile payments app
- Alipay and WeChat Pay to support common QR code standard for Japan
- Mexico pilots national NFC and QR mobile payments system