American Express has confirmed that Apple Pay is set to launch in Canada on November 17, iPhone In Canada reports. “Customer service representatives we spoke with confirmed the date over the phone numerous times,” the publication says. “The date would presumably be when the final release of iOS 9.2 will be out to support Apple Pay.” Apple announced its plans to launch the mobile payments service in Canada in October 2015.
- L’Oréal launches wearable sensor that uses NFC to alert iPhone users to the risk of sun damage to their skin
- Swiss banks face mobile payments boycott investigation
- Walmart equips staff in 3,000+ stores with mobile POS devices
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture