Indian mobile cab hailing service Ola Cabs has launched Ola Money, which lets customers load funds into a mobile app and use them to pay their fare. “Your Ola Money is automatically deducted when you complete a ride,” the company says. Ola announced plans in August 2015 to apply for a mobile wallet licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement
- Mastercard sizes up data sharing