Indian mobile cab hailing service Ola Cabs has launched Ola Money, which lets customers load funds into a mobile app and use them to pay their fare. “Your Ola Money is automatically deducted when you complete a ride,” the company says. Ola announced plans in August 2015 to apply for a mobile wallet licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February