Indian mobile cab hailing service Ola Cabs has launched Ola Money, which lets customers load funds into a mobile app and use them to pay their fare. “Your Ola Money is automatically deducted when you complete a ride,” the company says. Ola announced plans in August 2015 to apply for a mobile wallet licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices