Samsung is to add Samsung Pay NFC payments functionality and fingerprint scanners to its mid- and low-end handsets, Korea Herald reports. “The plan is part of Samsung’s efforts to expand best-in-class features into the firm’s lower-end smartphones,” the publication says.
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland