Samsung is to add Samsung Pay NFC payments functionality and fingerprint scanners to its mid- and low-end handsets, Korea Herald reports. “The plan is part of Samsung’s efforts to expand best-in-class features into the firm’s lower-end smartphones,” the publication says.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service