Shoppers in four Taubman shopping centres in the US will soon receive offers on their mobile device via the guest WiFi network and mobile retail solution StepsAway. “Shoppers visiting any StepsAway participating malls simply sign onto the mall’s free WiFi network and then peruse deals via StepsAway’s SAMobile app by product category or store name,” the company says. Taubman began testing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons in January 2015.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale