Shoppers in four Taubman shopping centres in the US will soon receive offers on their mobile device via the guest WiFi network and mobile retail solution StepsAway. “Shoppers visiting any StepsAway participating malls simply sign onto the mall’s free WiFi network and then peruse deals via StepsAway’s SAMobile app by product category or store name,” the company says. Taubman began testing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons in January 2015.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups