Shoppers in four Taubman shopping centres in the US will soon receive offers on their mobile device via the guest WiFi network and mobile retail solution StepsAway. “Shoppers visiting any StepsAway participating malls simply sign onto the mall’s free WiFi network and then peruse deals via StepsAway’s SAMobile app by product category or store name,” the company says. Taubman began testing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons in January 2015.
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments