PARTNER NEWS: South Korea-based mobile payments specialist Kona has picked up Visa Ready certification for the host card emulation (HCE) mobile wallet component of its Kona Payment platform. To obtain VCPS 1.5 compliance “Kona had to go through a number of rigorous functionality reviews,” says the company. “Operating system versions used for testing included Android 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.1 and 5.1.1.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments