More than one in ten US shoppers with a smartphone (14%) plan to make mobile payments using services including Apple Pay or Android Pay this holiday season, research from Bankrate reveals. “Among those who don’t plan to make mobile payments, the top reasons were not secure enough (36%) and other payment methods are more convenient (31%),” the company says.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale