More than one in ten US shoppers with a smartphone (14%) plan to make mobile payments using services including Apple Pay or Android Pay this holiday season, research from Bankrate reveals. “Among those who don’t plan to make mobile payments, the top reasons were not secure enough (36%) and other payment methods are more convenient (31%),” the company says.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service