More than one in ten US shoppers with a smartphone (14%) plan to make mobile payments using services including Apple Pay or Android Pay this holiday season, research from Bankrate reveals. “Among those who don’t plan to make mobile payments, the top reasons were not secure enough (36%) and other payment methods are more convenient (31%),” the company says.
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February