A six-page white paper that explores whether US retailers are prepared to make the most of the shift to EMV and mobile payments is now available to download from the NFC World+ Knowledge Centre. “Caught between risks and opportunities, many retailers, large and small, have yet to decide about the future of their payment systems,” says the NFC Forum which produced the ‘US Retailers: Why you’re not as ready as you think for today’s retail payments migration’ paper.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents