A six-page white paper that explores whether US retailers are prepared to make the most of the shift to EMV and mobile payments is now available to download from the NFC World+ Knowledge Centre. “Caught between risks and opportunities, many retailers, large and small, have yet to decide about the future of their payment systems,” says the NFC Forum which produced the ‘US Retailers: Why you’re not as ready as you think for today’s retail payments migration’ paper.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service