More than 100 retailers and hospitality locations across the city of Tilburg in the Netherlands have begun installing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to send out targeted messages to customers. “The technology was demonstrated last summer at the Fair in Tilburg,” Emerce reports. The platform is scheduled to roll out to other cities in the Netherlands including Breda, Oirschot and Etten-Leur.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa