More than 100 retailers and hospitality locations across the city of Tilburg in the Netherlands have begun installing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to send out targeted messages to customers. “The technology was demonstrated last summer at the Fair in Tilburg,” Emerce reports. The platform is scheduled to roll out to other cities in the Netherlands including Breda, Oirschot and Etten-Leur.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents