Blind and partially sighted people are being guided around London’s Euston station via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons and Wayfindr, a venture between UK charity the Royal London Society for Blind People (RLSB) and digital studio ustwo. “The Wayfindr standard will launch in early 2016, setting the first guidelines for audio navigation for vision impaired people,” the company says. It was recently awarded a US$1m grant from the Google Impact Challenge: Disabilities programme.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK