Blind and partially sighted people are being guided around London’s Euston station via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons and Wayfindr, a venture between UK charity the Royal London Society for Blind People (RLSB) and digital studio ustwo. “The Wayfindr standard will launch in early 2016, setting the first guidelines for audio navigation for vision impaired people,” the company says. It was recently awarded a US$1m grant from the Google Impact Challenge: Disabilities programme.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks